NOTICE:
  • The website is currently undergoing some updates.
Sign in to follow this  
Dakota

New Tesla!

What does everybody think after the reveal? 

Design wise it's pretty decent, nothing spectacular but still superior to other EVs out there. The dash looked unfinished, I'm curious as to how the interior will take shape, but I could see myself in one in the future. 

Eh most Tesla owners are going to get snobby about the Model S.

Much like in the BMW community, you dont actually own a BMW unless its a 535 or greater

Otherwise it looks alright

They're kinda cool, I drove an X and an S a couple weeks ago, honestly I'm not a huge fan of them. They're cool, and the interiors are nice looking, but they seem way too overcomplicated, and a lot of the features on them are impractical, and kinda gimmicky. (Lack of door handles for example)

Sometimes simplicity is best.

That being said, every tesla I've driven has been ridiculously smooth, and once you get over the lack of idling, and the hard braking, they're kinda fun to drive.

I'll reserve judgement for the new one until I see one up close, and hopefully some rich guy will roll up to my valet station in one, and I'll get some hands on.

I like looking at them, but I'd probably never own one. I like being able to work on my cars, and not have to worry about stuff breaking that normally shouldn't. Like the door handles, or buttons, or whatever you want to call them.

Edited by B1azingPh03nix

35K means I still won't be able to afford one and hell if I could I'd probably rather buy a camaro or a challenger. Sorry planet earth.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, C.McGee said:

35K means I still won't be able to afford one and hell if I could I'd probably rather buy a camaro or a challenger. Sorry planet earth.

lol!

On 5/26/2016 at 11:29 AM, B1azingPh03nix said:

They're kinda cool, I drove an X and an S a couple weeks ago, honestly I'm not a huge fan of them. They're cool, and the interiors are nice looking, but they seem way too overcomplicated, and a lot of the features on them are impractical, and kinda gimmicky. (Lack of door handles for example)

Sometimes simplicity is best.

That being said, every tesla I've driven has been ridiculously smooth, and once you get over the lack of idling, and the hard braking, they're kinda fun to drive.

I'll reserve judgement for the new one until I see one up close, and hopefully some rich guy will roll up to my valet station in one, and I'll get some hands on.

I like looking at them, but I'd probably never own one. I like being able to work on my cars, and not have to worry about stuff breaking that normally shouldn't. Like the door handles, or buttons, or whatever you want to call them.

Im a sucker for that impractical gimmicky stuff, the door handles are flush, they pop out when it senses someone approach from what I understand. 
There's also settings in the software you can adjust to simulate idling and traditional braking

If you like that stuff, you'll love the new tesla lol I'm more of a practical guy. I'm a sucker for old school muscle cars, Jeeps, and sleepers. I also love doing my own maintenance on my cars.

They're very well built cars, just not what I'd spend money on. I love driving them, I just think they'd be a pain to own. 

I will say that the acceleration with those things is freakin cool. It's so weird not feeling any shifting, or power spikes, it's just a constant stream of power to the wheels... it's crazy.