NOTICE:
  • The website is currently undergoing some updates.
Gidget

Operation Silent Night (Sunday 22 APR)

MISSION BRIEFING

4/22/2018 8pm CST (WE ARE WHEELS UP @ 8)

22/04/2018  

BACKGROUND INFORMATION

After repeated operational failures, we've been forced to take up a less than desirable contract. The government of Gunkizli has reputation for being corrupt and the army ineffectual, however, they pay cash in U.S. currency. The region is in the throws of an Islamist lead insurgency, with Boko Haram pledging allegiance to ISIS and the black flag of jihad. 

We're being brought in to take back the initiative and turn the tide of the conflict. The reputation of ineptitude preceding the Army, it's best to consider ourselves alone out here. That means full self sufficiency and establishing positive relations with the civilians in the area, who have been ill treated by both sides of this conflict. 

While in country do not go off base unless it is enforce. We are outnumbered and out gunned.

Good hunting.

SIT REP: After meeting steep enemy assault we are low on supplies, and dwindling numbers. 

MISSION & EXECUTION

Last night our FOB was attacked heavily from the south west by a well armed enemy. The attack started at 0545 local and ended at 1023. Our forces were able to stop the assault, but we lost many supplies and lives during. Our mission is simple, we will take what supplies we have left, and find the origin of the assaulting force. If we have the ability to assault their area we will, If not we will rally at the FOB and make a tactical exfil of the A.O.   

Time: 07:00 

Objectives

• Primary - Find the enemy location and assault if possible

• Secondary - preserve helos in case we need a hasty exfil 

• Tertiary -Capture the commander of the enemy 

Rules Of Engagement: Team Lead's discretion 

Threat Level: RED (Caution)

Insertion: 1 tank, and 1-4 trucks  

Respawn: ZEUS DISCRETION 

Uniform: Terrain appropriate camouflage 

Equipment: TEAM LEAD'S DISCRETION, Recommend common weapon type for Rifle/GL NOTE: we are low on supplies so only carry a FAL and 5 mags! run medical as normal.

Requirements:  RTO per squad or fireteam (turnout dictates) . Standard fireteams (Medic/Rifleman, GL, LMG, DMR) NOTE IF (and i mean IF) we get more than 15 on tonight we MAY get a possible CAS support. It will be VERY low budget and only capable of doing 1-2 strikes.   

x Helicopter x players (PILOT AND GUNNER PLEASE REQUEST THIS SLOT BELOW numbers dictate)

USING THE FAL MAKES YOU 100X COOLER THAN OTHER RIFLES

ROLES NEEDED: ELEMENT AND FIRETEAM LEADS.

1 tank crew, at least 1 helo pilot 

RISKS - CONCERNS - NOTES

Assets: REDACTED

Weather Report: UNKNOWN

Additional Information: PLEASE STATE YOUR PREFERRED ROLE BELOW (ELEMENT LEAD AND FIRETEAM LEADERS ESPECIALLY)

Role Play Requirements: 0

Additional Intel: N/A

Edited by Gidget
  • Thanks 1

Sorry about leaving so quick. Did I miss anything?

While the approach was good (GJ Sparks), once at the Obj we started suffering. The first problem (IMHO) was us (blue) stopping in the open, making us a target while in sight of the obj. Once at the obj we suffered the same faith as Syrians using tanks without infantry support inside built up areas. I love (LOVE) tanks, they can be mobile firebases/bunkers with the infantry. Without infantry they are just bullet magnets. I think we could have offset a lot of the weaknesses had we had UAV support. 

I have very fond memories of rolling in with a tank supported with infantry on Liberation, so I know we can do better. I don't know what was said during the debrief, but I'm sure the kerfuffle with the ammo for the tanks was brought up. Honestly, this mission would be worth revisiting. Maybe one tank, one APC full of heavy infantry dismounts, and we would have rocked that shit.

In closing, I am curious about what everyone's view distance was set at. I was engaging infantry at one point (using thermals) I heard lots of chatter about who was shooting at what, even though I call out bearings. My settings are maxed out...

I pointed out that we got discombobulated once we got to the overlook.  We were taking fire from quite a ways away and it got us mixed up.  Also pointed out that tanks, when used right, are awesome; otherwise they are metal coffins.  I think most people get a false sense of security in them (myself included).  Infantry support would have been good, I agree.  The tight quarters in the radio tower was death for us.  Too small for the two tanks to provide close support.

A better turnout allowing us two tanks with ground support would have been sick.

As for the ammo... Arma gonna Arma.  Shout out to Gidget for trying to sort that for us.  

• Like 1